In Harmoni, views of interest can be saved into a story for future access and sharing with others. There are different ways you can interact with your stories and story views.
In this article
- Story Tile View
- Story Preview
- Adding Comments to Stories
- Story Presentation Mode
- Story Interactive View
- Save a Dashboard View into a Story
1. Story Tile View
Stories are accessed through STORIES in the Global Menu Bar. Selecting to VIEW a story takes you to the story tile view space. In this space, you can see the contents of a story.
Story tile view space
- Each view is shown as a separate tile.
- The navigation pane on the left shows the available stories
- The right shows tiles for each view within the selected story.
- The story name is shown at the top of the screen, with the option to add the story to your favorites.
- You can also find options to export, duplicate, delete or create a direct link to the story.
Icons on the tiles indicate the type of view, such as a table, a graph, verbatim, single number, or dashboard page. Dragging the view tiles around reorders them.
The 3 dot menu is available in both the story and view tiles. Here, you can find different contextual options.
Favorite/Unfavorite: Add or remove as a favorite
Export to XLS: Export the whole story to Excel
Export to PPT: Export the whole story to PowerPoint
Duplicate: Make a copy of the whole story. You can rename and make adjustments as needed while retaining the original version.
Delete: Delete the whole story
Export to XLS: Export the single view to Excel
Export to PPT: Export the single view to PowerPoint
Delete: Delete the single view
2. Story Preview
Selecting a view tile takes you to the story preview space. The content of the story view reflects the latest data available to you.
- When in story preview mode, the navigation pane on the left shows the view tiles for all other views in the story.
- The story view name is displayed in orange
- If you are the story owner, a pencil icon is displayed next to the story and view names allowing you to edit the names.
- The numbers in brackets indicate the positioning of the view in the story.
- Dragging the view tiles around will reorder them.
Navigate Story Views
You can navigate through the story views using the story view navigator or using the left and right arrows on your keyboard.
3. Adding Comments to Story Views
Story owners can add comments to story views. Comments are available for all users to see
- The comments icon displays a red dot when the view contains a comment.
- When you export to PowerPoint, comments export into the notes
4. Story Presentation Mode
Harmoni stories can also be viewed in a full-screen presentation mode. This allows the story to be told sequentially and cleanly, without any menus displayed.
- To exit the presentation mode, click on the icon again or ‘Esc’ key.
5. Story Interactive View
Using the Load story view option , you activate the interactive mode, giving you access to Harmoni’s standard analysis functions, including filtering, modify and visualization menus.
- All role types (Viewers, Explorers and Creators) can access the Harmoni menus Select, Modify and Visualize after loading the story view.
- Creators and Explorers are also able to access the project tree to dive deeper into analyzing this data.
- Users can select the Open Project Tree icon to open the project tree.
- All changes made to the story view while in interactive mode can be discarded, saved into a new view, or you can overwrite the story view to update it with your new settings.
- Load the story view
- Click Load Story View
- Click Open Project Tree
- Modify the analysis
- +Add to current story
- You can choose to Save New or Overwrite the existing view
Note that users who have had the story shared with them and are not story owners, cannot save any changed views into the existing story. The view will save into a new story on its own.
6. Add a dashboard view into a story
You can add a whole dashboard view containing several charts to a story, and you can also add a zoomed-in dashboard view of one chart to a story.
In both cases, although you can load the story view and access the Harmoni menus, you cannot open the project tree.
- When viewing a dashboard you can:
- Add the whole dashboard page to a story, or
- Add one zoomed-in view to a story.
- You can load the dashboard page from the story and then zoom one of the charts, or load the one zoomed view and you will not see the Open Project Tree icon.
- You can interact with the Harmoni menus
In the story view you can identify the dashboard or zoomed-in views from the view tile icons.
If you want to add a view and have the Open Project Tree icon available after loading the story view, then you need to create the analysis directly from the project tree, and not add it from a dashboard.