After creating an analysisAn analysis is a table/chart created by dragging variables from the project tree into the analysis zone of Harmoni , you have the option to interact with the settings and change as needed to suit your specific reporting requirements. You can do this using the options available in the modify menu.
The modify menu is available to Creators and Explorers. Viewers can also interact with these features when they have access to dashboards, or stories where the analysis can be zoomed.
Selecting (or unselecting) the different options will change the look of your table (or graph). In this menu, you can also find the statistical test options available in Harmoni.
- As with other menus, the options in the modify menu are contextual.
- Actions apply to the entire table by default unless you select a particular column, row, or cell.
- Icons turn orange when the selected analysis options are applied.
- Icons that display an arrow at the bottom, allow expanding. Expanding opens the menu and gives you further analysis options.
- Some settings can be controlled using personalization keys.Keys that can be applied at the user, site (all users), or company (all users) level. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Analysis Settings Preferences
During your session, your settings preferences are retained across projects and analyses, unless:
- You use the reset option,Learn more. which will return all settings to the default state.
- You end your session (log out or close browser).
- You load an analysis that already has pre-saved settings (i.e. Story)
Refreshing your browser effectively ends your session, so it will also reset your defaults.
In this article: Modify menu options
- total - Analysis total options
- format - Change the values displayed in an analysis
- other formats - Fair share analysis
- selected - hide or rank columns/rows
- suppress items from analysis
- tests - Statistical Testing
- layout - flip and reorder columns and rows
- scheme - change from dark to light
- data labels
- i-bar - Information Bar
1. total - Analysis total options
- You can change the total option using the modify menu.
- Harmoni calculates one Total option at a time, but multiple value types can be displayed.
- The Total is used as the denominator The number the count is divided by, when calculating a percentage. or base See bases article for more information on changing bases. for the percentage and/or average calculations in the body of the table, unless, different bases have been set on the elements included in the analysis,
2. format - Change the values displayed in an analysis
Any row or column in an analysis can display different values including counts (weighted or unweighted), percentages, averages, etc.
a) Add/Replace Switch
The add/replace switch allows creating tables that show either complimentary data displays or singular displays. This can be applied to a selected part of the table/chart or the whole table/chart. Learn more.
b) Analysis value options
Change the values displayed in an analysis. Learn more.
Icons that display an arrow at the bottom, allow expanding. By selecting the down arrow underneath the icon, you can change the setting for the icon, e.g. decimal places.
3. other formats - Fair Share Analysis
Harmoni Fair Share analysis is a technique for evaluating the performance of brands against a set of attributes. After creating an analysis with two dimensions (an across and a down), under the modify menu you can find the options to show fair share percentages and fair share differences.
4. selected - Rank and Hide columns or rows
There may be times when you choose to hide data in your analysis. You can select columns and/or rows and hide these from the view. The option HIDE under selected, allows you to select columns or rows to hide. Learn more.
After creating an analysis, you can rearrange the columns and rows based on their ranking. The Rank option, under selected, allows you to select columns and/or rows and rank from highest to lowest or lowest to highest in your analysis. Learn more.
5. suppress items from analysis
You can suppress items from your analysis when the numerator is zero (suppress zero) or when both the numerator and denominator are zero (suppress null). Learn more. The options to suppress items are available under suppress in the modify menu.
6. tests - Statistical Testing
The options under tests allow for statistical testing.
Harmoni applies an automatic (and generally industry default) confidence level of 95% for significant difference calculation. Significance testing is represented using red and green arrows.
- The option SIG enables significance testing.
- The option REF allows you to set the reference for significant testing calculations.
- The options LOW enables low sample size warnings.
7. layout - flip and reorder columns/rows
After creating an analysis, there may be times when you may want to rearrange the analysis view.
- The option Flip analysis, under layout, allows you to flip the analysis so what was across moves into the down dimension, and vice versa. This has the same functionality as clicking on the by between the across and down dimensions in the analysis title.
- The option Reorder, under layout, allows shifting selected columns and/or rows in an analysis table view. Learn more.
8. scheme - change from dark to light
Changes scheme for the session from dark to light, and vice versa.
The color scheme default can be controlled using personalization keys.Keys that can be applied at the user, site (all users), or company (all users) level. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
9. data labels
The options available under this menu are contextual and adjust based on your analysis and analysis view (i.e., table or graph).
Discover is a tool to profile a target group against a set of descriptor variables. It will show you which of these descriptors best describe your group and compare these with other groups. On a table view, select the group you are interested in profiling. Selecting will enable the Discover option located under data labels in the modify menu under data labels. Learn more about Discover.
b) Heat map
Heat map is another statistical test option available in Harmoni. Using a stepped coloring from green to red, you can quickly see the highs and lows of significance in the results as a visual distribution across the entire table. The heat map colors the cells in the table to show the quintile distribution within a row. It compares the data within each row and divides into 5 quintiles (colors).
On a cross-tab view, select the Heat Map option under data labels in the modify menu under data labels. Learn more about Heat Map.
c) Chart labels
You can interact with the data labels you want to display in your chart. Learn more.
- Show hide values from a chart.
- Show only labels for items where there is a significant difference to the reference.
- Show the value gap of items when compared to the reference.
- Optimize the label placement avoiding overlaps that would make labels hard to read.
d) Show Sample Size on Charts
When creating an analysis and choosing to visualise you can display the sample size within the graph.
The show sample size option can be switched on or off through the modify menu. The setting selected is sticky for all the analyses in your session. Learn more.
In most cases, the sample size is the unweighted base (n=uB). For analysis where percentages are based on a measure, the sample size is the unweighted count of the total in the item (n=u123)
10. i-bar - Information Bar
The information bar (i-bar) is located on the bottom right of the analysis pane. It provides contextual information about the settings that have been applied in your analysis. This information will flow through to any visualization, story, dashboard, export, and the information bar in the mobile alerts dashboard.