Creating visually appealing and relevant dashboards is an important way for a creator to engage with an audience to deliver insights. Customizable containers enable dashboard creators to edit and manage a selection of elements of a chart when added to a dashboard.
All containers can be used as buttons to link to other content. Custom link allows you to link to other dashboard pages, websites, and documents.
In this article
1. Navigation Paths
Think about how dashboard users can drill down and back to change the focus of their analysis by moving between levels of information.
Adding a link to Dashboard Page
- Select the container you wish to use as a link button.
- In the General settings menu go to Link.
- In the Custom Link field enter the name of the dashboard page you wish to link to.
When linking to other dashboards, the page name must have PAGE capitalized to work.
2. Links to documents
All containers can be used as buttons to link to documents and other external content. As opposed to embedded content Learn more., these documents will open in a new window.
Microsoft Office documents are downloaded for viewing with a local license.
Links to documents
Documents need to be uploaded through our hosting platform first. Please contact email@example.com for more information. Once content is available:
- Select the container you wish to use to include your link.
- In the General settings inside the Link section add the link into the Source field.
- Customize your container. Learn more about container general settings.
The source field needs to include the site address and the file address. For example:
- https://connect.infotoolsonline.com/Sites/Infotools%20Harmoni%20Knowledge%20Base/itl_data/Resources/Infotools Insiders Guide.pdf