A Harmoni Project is a collection of data sources that can be harmonized, designed, analyzed, visualized, and shared with others via PPT, Excel, or online stories reports and dashboards.
You can create and manage projects and the associated data sources through PROJECTS in the Global Menu Bar. PROJECTS is only available for Creators and Explorers.
In this article
1. Create New Project (Creator)
To create a project, you can either click the New Project icon or click on the CREATE NEW button on the top right. Learn more about how to Create a Project.
2. Load a Project
You can access projects that you have created (Project Owner)Learn more about User Roles. as well as those that have been shared with you.Learn more about sharing with others/publish.
- Click Load to open an existing project.
3. Rename Project
You can rename your project by hovering over the name and clicking on the edit (pencil icon). You can only rename the projects that you own (Project Owner).
- Hover over the project name
- Click on the edit (pencil icon).
- Type the new name.
- Press Enter. This last action applies the new name to the project.
The thumbnails have limited space to display the project title. You can hover over the thumbnail to view the full project name when this is truncated.
4. Delete a Project
You can delete your project using the Delete option in the 3-dot menu at the top right side of the project tile. You can only delete projects that you own.
Deleting a project will also delete all associated data and story views. If stories are used in dashboards, the views become invalid. This action is not reversible.
Please note you can't delete a project if you have it open (loaded in the background).
- Select the 3-dot menu in the project tile.
- Click the Delete option.
- Confirm deletion.
5. Project rollback - Restore your project
Project rollback allows the project owner to restore the latest published version.
There may be occasions when the Project Owner needs to restore the previous project version. The rollback option allows you to go back to the previously published version. For example, the owner has removed a data source by mistake, causing missing items and constructions to go invalid.
For the rollback option to be enabled, the project owner must first perform an action on the private version, for example, remove a source or change items in the project tree.
Once you select to roll back, a warning message is displayed asking for confirmation. Rollback is not reversible.
- The project and items in the project tree reverse to the previously published version.
- Story views may become invalid when items used to create the analysis are removed.
- All data sources uploaded are available in the sources area, even if these are not used in the restored project version.