In Harmoni, verbatims contain raw text with uncoded responses. They are used to analyze open-ended text. You can copy and paste verbatim items, which allows you to make adjustments, for example adding a base.
In this article
- Copy and paste a verbatim
- Apply a base
1. Copy and paste a verbatim
To copy a verbatim item, you first need to select an existing verbatim, then choose copy under edit from the design menu.
Once copied, select a new location in the project tree and choose paste under edit from the design menu.
- Select a verbatim in your project tree.
- Select copy under edit.
- Select the desired position in the project tree by selecting an item.
- Select paste under edit.
2. Apply a base
Once you have made a copy of the verbatim, you can apply a base.
- Select the element you want to use as a base.
- Select copy as base under edit.
- Select the copied verbatim.
- Select apply base under edit.
Where to from here?
Learn more about constructions