In Harmoni, views of interest can be saved into a story for future access and sharing with others. There are different ways you can interact with your stories and story views.
1. Story Tile View
Stories are accessed through STORIES in the Global Menu Bar. Selecting to VIEW a story takes you to the story tile view space. In this space, you can see the contents of a story.
Story tile view space
- Each view is shown as a separate tile.
- The navigation pane on the left shows the available stories
- The right shows tiles for each view within the selected story.
- The story name is shown at the top of the screen, with the option to add the story to your favorites.
- You can also find options to export, duplicate, delete or create a direct link to the story.
Icons on the tiles indicate the type of view, such as a table, a graph, verbatim, single number, or dashboard page. Dragging the view tiles around reorders them.
The 3 dot menu is available in both the story and view tiles. Here, you can find different contextual options.
2. Story Preview
Selecting a view tile takes you to the story preview space. The content of the story view reflects the latest data available to you.
- When in story preview mode the navigation pane on the left shows the view tiles for all other views in the story.
- The story view name is displayed in orange
- If you are the story owner, a pencil icon will be displayed to allow you to edit the story and view names.
- The numbers in brackets indicate the positioning of the view in the story.
- Dragging the view tiles around will reorder them.
Navigate Story Views
You can navigate through the story views using the story view navigator or using the left and right arrows on your keyboard.
Adding Comments to Story Views
Story owners can add comments to story views. Comments are available for all users to see
- The comments icon displays a red dot when the view contains a comment.
- When you export to PowerPoint, comments export into the notes
3. Story Presentation Mode
Harmoni stories can also be viewed in a full-screen presentation mode. This allows the story to be told sequentially and cleanly, without any menus displayed.
- To exit the presentation mode, click on the icon again or ‘Esc’ key.
4. Load Story Views
You can load Harmoni story views in ‘interactive mode’, giving you full access to Harmoni’s standard analysis functions, including filtering, modify and visualization menus.
- Creators and Explorers are also able to access the project tree to dive deeper into analyzing this data.
- All changes made to the story view while in interactive mode can then be discarded, saved into a new view, or you can overwrite the story view to update it with your new settings.