This is done using the color picker interface under the modify menu. The selected colors are saved with the analysis if you choose to save the view. This means that when you reload the view the colors you have selected will apply. When you share your view or story the selected colors will be visible to other users.
In this article
1. Change selected color
Once you create and visualise an analysis, you need to select the plotted item for which you want to change the color.
Under the modify menu you will find different options under change selected colour. This option will only be available when one plotted item is selected.
Hex color picker
- If you know the hex value you can enter it directly in the relevant field.
- You can change the transparency entering the desired value in the relevant field.
- Alternatively, you can interact with the color panel and sliders to select the color and transparency.
Set Color Tick Box
- Once you select your default color, the select color tick box will automatically show a tick. If you want to go back to the default color simply untick this box.
During your session, your color setting preferences are retained. Whatever you select will be applied across projects and analyses unless:
- You end your session (log out or close browser).
- You load an analysis that already has pre-saved settings (i.e. Story)
If you need to change the default colors to be permanently retained at a site level please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Color selection is associated with an item label. If label changes color will revert to default.
2. Saved views, stories, and dashboards.
Once you save a view the selected colors are saved with the analysis if you choose to save the view.
- When loading a story view, whatever color is saved will be applied and displayed.
- When you navigate back to the project from a story view, the color settings will be applied to the project if you create further analysis.
- If you decide to change to color of any of your items; changes will automatically flow to the relevant story view.
- When you share your view, story or dashboard the selected colors will be visible to other users.
- On a multiview dashboard, zooming into one of the views and changing the color of an item will automatically change the item color in all other views on zoom out. Please note these changes are not sticky.
- If editing in story view, only that particular view will be changed.
- When loading a dashboard, whatever color is saved in the views will be applied and displayed.
- When you navigate back to the project, the color settings will be applied to the project if you create further analysis, however, if you change the color in the project it won't automatically change in the saved story view in the dashboard. Dashboard views will always display colors used when saved.
Color export to PPT
Once you save a view the selected colors are saved with the analysis if you choose to save the view. When exporting to PowerPoint, the set colors are associated correctly to the respective items.