In Harmoni, you can use data from various file types as the source for new projects, visualizations, and dashboards. Harmoni automatically maps source variables into Harmoni types.
A data source is the starting point for all you do in Harmoni. A source is a collection of data either in an imported file or a connected data store.
Direct connections allow updated data to flow into Harmoni in real-time.
- Achieved using APIs (Application Programming Interface).
- If an API is available in a data collection system, we can potentially develop a direct connection to Harmoni.
Harmoni supports different direct connections, including SurveyMonkey.
In this article
1. Connect to SurveyMonkey
In Harmoni, you can choose to create a new project that connects to a SurveyMonkey data source, or from an existing project, you can also connect to SurveyMonkey.
- To create a new project click on New Project and name your project.
- Choose to Connect.
- Enter your credentials
To connect to a SurveyMonkey source, you need to enter credentials as follows:
- Generally with will be api.surveymonkey.com (pre-populated)
- This is a hashed set of characters that are used to give to authenticate/give access to your SurveyMonkey surveys.
- The token can only be generated via logging into your SurveyMonkey account at https://developer.surveymonkey.com/apps. This allows creating a ‘private app’ and set the parameters for the connection.
- The token can be customized to include/exclude items and data using the ‘scope’ section as per below:
2. Select SurveyMonkey surveys
Once you establish your connection to SurveyMonkey, you will see your projects/surveys. You can then select the sources you want to use for your Harmoni project.
3. Harmoni project
After connecting to your sources you can load your Harmoni project. Direct connections allow for a real-time flow of survey data.
Your SurveyMonkey project variables map automatically in Harmoni.