In Harmoni, the item label in the project tree is referred to as the display label. The display label in the project tree is mapped to the original label in your source data; this is referred to as the source label.
You can change display labels and harmonize items in the project tree in a way that makes sense to the users of the project. Take into account analysis and reporting requirements.
Through search and replace or a one-to-one relabel merge together different axes or elements to create harmonization.
- Label changes made will flow through any construction definitions.
- In case there are leading and/or trailing spaces, Harmoni will display them as #Space# in the project owner version. You can then search and replace to remove.
- The source labelLearn more about project source labels. for a variable can be seen by hovering over a source in the view/add sources under the action pane.
- Multiple items in the same source cannot be given the same name. If you want to give items in the same source the same label, use Combine to create a new construction.
Multiple axes in the same source cannot be given the same name.
In this article
1. Change a single label
You can edit a single label by double-clicking on the desired variable, or you can edit selecting the item and pressing F2 to enter edit mode.
2. Change multiple labels
Many labels can be changed in a single transaction using Search & Replace. Different options for project search are available under the search menu.Learn more about Project Search and Replace.
- In the search project tree area, enter the word or phrase you want to locate.
- Hit enter or click on the search icon.
- Once you have found what you are looking for enter your new text in the replace area.
- Hit enter or click on the replace icon.
3. Change capitalization style
You can change the capitalization style of variable labels using the options under change case from the design menu. Options include:
- Sentence case
- Proper Case
4. Harmonize Labels
In Harmoni, you can change the display labels to harmonize items across different sources. To achieve this, you need the item label(s) to a common label.
Multiple items in the same source cannot be given the same name. If you want to give items in the same source the same label, use Combine or create a new construction.
Label harmonization to combine an axis/element and a construction is not supported. As soon as you create a construction in your project it will create the item across all sources. Harmoni will then prevent you from harmonizing items within the same source. In this case, it is best to edit your construction and include the new axis/element as needed.
- In the project tree select the axis or element you want to rename.
- Enter new item label.
- Harmoni will confirm once items have been merged.
Where to from here?
- Organize items in your project tree.
- Create customized constructions.
- Weights in Harmoni.
- Applying bases in the Project tree.
- Add values for average calculations.