Once you are done building your story, you can then share it with your clients or colleagues by exporting to Excel or PowerPoint. You can export either the entire story or a specific view.
In this article
1. Export Stories
- Export entire stories to PPT or Excel by selecting the story and choosing export story as.
- Export a single view to PPT or Excel by selecting the view and choosing export view as.
- Chart types exportable to PowerPoint, export in an editable form.
- When exporting to PowerPoint you have the option to customize your story using themes.
When exporting a story or a story view to excel, the tab names in excel automatically display the header name of the analysis.
Excel limits the tab names to 30 characters only to avoid long names.
Rounding on Export
Harmoni applies bankers rounding. Bankers Rounding is an algorithm for rounding quantities to integers, in which numbers that are equidistant from the two nearest integers are rounded to the nearest even integer.
We round 0.5 to the nearest even digit.
- When exporting to Excel, we export numbers with the same number of decimal points as shown in Harmoni.
- When exporting to PowerPoint graphs, we plot the full number, but display the rounded number.
- For example, in a graph, we plotting 2.61 and 2.65, so the 2.61 appears lower, but they both show 2.6.
- When exporting to PowerPoint tables, we export numbers with the same number of decimal points as shown in Harmoni.
2. PowerPoint Template
A two page PowerPoint template, with a heading page and a content page, can be loaded onto a site by emailing email@example.com.
The first page of the PowerPoint template is the title page. This always appears as the first page of the PowerPoint file created when exporting from Harmoni.
The second page of the PowerPoint template is the content page. This is used as the template page for each view being exported from Harmoni.
Top, bottom, left and right margins can be set to ensure that the content exported from Harmoni goes into the appropriate place.
Table headings and single number display prefixes and suffixes use the font family set in the PowerPoint template.
The color of the graph axes and legends use a color that contrasts with the color set in the Background Styles, i.e. for dark-colored legends, choose a light color background style, and vice versa.
When exporting a single view, the PowerPoint file will have 2 pages – the title page and one content page containing the view content.
When exporting a full story with x pages, the PowerPoint file will have x+1 pages – the title page and a content page for each view.
3. Invalid Views
Occasionally you may notice a story view becomes invalid. This usually happens because the axes used to create the analysis (down, across, filter, etc.) are missing as a result of being deleted from the project or because these are not available when using Global filters. When a global filter is active, views will be filtered to only show applicable data to that filter.
When exporting to PowerPoint an invalid view will create a blank slide.
Where to from here?
Share with your team! Learn more about sharing stories within Infotools Harmoni.