After creating an analysis you can save and share your insights. Saved analyses are called views. These views are saved into stories.
- Stories can contain views from a table, a graph or a dashboard page.
- Stories can contain views from different projects.
- Views and stories can be exported to PPT or Excel.
The stories menu can be accessed through the menu bar. This is where you can manage your stories.
In this article
- Create a story
- Name your story
- Story views - thumbnails
- Add comments to stories
- Share your story
- Make a copy of a story
- Delete a story
- Save analysis into a new story - Create a new story
1. Create a story
Creating a story can be achieved in two ways.
- From your analysis - Clicking on + will create a new story and capture the current screen you’re on.
- From the stories menu - Click the Stories menu and create a new story. Any use of the + icon after this will save to this selected Story.
If the + is grey the view being saved is added to a new story.
If the + is orange the view being saved is added to the selected story.
2. Name your story
By default, your new story will be named New Story_1. In order to rename, you will need to click the pen icon and rename your story.
3. Story views - thumbnails
The thumbnails can show a preview. Here you can review your story views.
Name a story view
By default, all views are given a name from the across and down axis. You can rename your view by double-clicking on the text within the views thumbnail.
- Open the story menu and select your story.
- Click the view you want to rename to zoom in on it.
- To edit the view name, double-click on its name and change as required.
- When you’re ready, either click the tick icon or press enter to save.
Rearrange the order of your views
Once you have saved a few views, click and drag the views in the order you wish to see them.
Edit and make changes to views
Simply click to open to preview or alternatively you can click “go to view” where it will open your saved analysis – here you can edit and make changes to that view.
4. Add comments to stories
You can also add comments to stories. Your comments will appear at the bottom of the zoomed in view and will be carried through to PowerPoint exports in the notes field.
To add comments:
- Zoom in on a view
- Clicking the speech bubble icon in the bottom right corner.
- Click the + icon in the bottom left corner to open the comment field.
- Enter your comment.
- Then click the tick icon to save or the X icon to cancel.
5. Share your story
Once you are done building your story, you can then share it with your clients or colleagues.
Share the entire story
Via a dedicated URL. You first need to Publish your project and then share the URL. Learn more about Publish.
- Open the stories menu and click the share icon in the lower right of the menu.
- A link to the story will appear which you can copy and paste and send to your client or colleague (e.g. via email)
- When the link is clicked or pasted into the address bar of the browser, the story will load in its zoomed-in state.
You can also share by exporting the entire stories to PPT or Excel.
Share a single view
- Via a dedicated URL. You first need to Publish your project and then share the URL. Learn more about Publish.
- Export a single view to PPT or Excel by selecting the view and choosing "export view as".
6. Make a copy of a story
You can copy entire stories and then add or edit views as required.
- Open the stories menu and click the copy icon in the lower right of the menu.
- A new story will be created.
- You can rename your story and then add or edit views as needed.
7. Delete a story
You can delete a story and all associated views. Please note this action is not reversible, if you choose to delete a story all views will also be removed and can't be restored.
- Open the stories menu and click the delete story icon in the lower right of the menu.
- A confirmation message will display. Select delete if you want to proceed.
8. Save analysis in a new story
As you continue with your analysis, you may want to save views into a new story. If the + is orange, the view will be saved into the selected story.
To save into a new story:
- Select the stories menu. The selected story will show in orange.
- Deselect the story by clicking on it.
After doing so, the + icon will no longer be orange, which means you are working with a new story. You can then save your analysis view into a new story.
Where to from here?