The Project Owner is a Creator and as such can:
- Create, edit and update projects.
- Add and update data.
- Publish projects to other creator and explorer users.
- Combine multiple data sources and harmonize into single project trees.
- Create, combine, group, shape, align, relabel and design data in the project tree.
- Include custom variables, weights, measures, bases.
- Create constructions available to all other users.
- Create, save and share analyses.
- Create dashboards.
The project owner will have the ultimate rights to publish data changes to a broader group.
People that hold the Creator Role The highest level of access, permission, and control. Learn more about User Roles. within Infotools Harmoni have the permissions to create Projects, and then edit and share.
Transferring Project Ownership can be particularly useful when dealing with large or varied data sources. It also can leverage the expertise of different people with different subject matter expertise.
Change Project Owner
The Project Owner can transfer the project owner status to another creator to allow for collaboration and sharing or project design responsibilities.
There can only be one project owner active at any given time.
To ensure there is no conflict or duplication (e.g., people trying to change the same thing at the same time) Infotools Harmoni applies a "One owner at a time" policy, that is only one
concurrent owner can be assigned ownership. However, they can at any stage assign this ownership to another creator.
Changing ownership of the project does not change ownership of any stories.
Any construction created by the Owner, before or during their ownership reign, will move with the project when they hand ownership on to someone else.
At the same time, the published version of a project is updated to include all of the new owner's items.
Changing ownership of the Project does not change ownership of any stories.
To transfer ownership, in the publish interface:
- The current owner - drags n drop the creator user you want to transfer ownership too.
- A warning message is displayed, and confirmation is required.
- Once changed, the old owner will not have ownership rights until this ownership is reinstated to them by the new owner.
Where to from here?